MARCH 27, 2017
ROUTE MASTER LAUNCHES A NEW POP-UP TOOL
ALLIANCE RESHUFFLE DASHBOARD LETS YOU TRACK THE SHIPPING ALLIANCES’ VESSEL DEPLOYMENTS TO THEIR NEW SERVICES
As the ocean carrier alliances begin operating in April, carriers are updating their service networks. A great migration of vessels from their previous routes to their new routes is occurring. When will the new services from the 2M, OCEAN, and THE alliances be fully deployed?
Route Master has launched a pop-up tool, the Alliance Reshuffle Dashboard, that lets you monitor the new services and their progress towards full deployment. You can see the overall transition progress of five major trade lanes and the service maps and details, including the deployed vessel names, sizes, operators, and locations.
Updated twice a day, the dashboard processes and analyzes a massive amount of data, including proforma, long term, coastal, and actual schedules, covering over 700 ports, over 210,000 city pairs, and over 1,000 vessels in the Asia-Europe, Asia-Mediterranean, Asia-Middle East, trans-Atlantic, and trans-Pacific trade lanes.
Determine the progress of the services with the following key:
- Trade Status: For each trade on the homepage, the percentage in the white circle represents the overall percentage of the vessels running in the new alliance services. The percentage below it in the blue tag represents the change percentage compared to the previous day.
- Vessel Status – In New Alliance Service: Vessels that are running in their new services are represented in green. These are vessels that have an ATA or ATD detected that is in the port rotation of their new service.
- Vessel Status – In Transition: Vessels that are not yet running in their new expected alliance services are represented in orange.
- Expected Vessels: This figure is calculated based on an alliance’s or carrier’s latest published transit times for each service loop and the estimated number of vessels required to operate the loop.
- Unassigned Vessels: A vessel is considered unassigned if an alliance or carrier has not published or confirmed a vessel’s name for a service loop.